dimanche 28 février 2010

a secret i`ve never told...


When I lived in Alberta back in 1991, i went to an outing with my class to visit The Hutterites... similar to the Amish... When we got there, i felt really excited about visiting them... really. I`ve always been drawn to them even when i was a kid... I have flashback of my youth ... where i could dream away about my life there.... long time ago.... still following?


So as our school bus came closer to them, i felt this strange feeling coming upon myself. I got scared. I couldn`t wait to run to them but at the same time I felt like I shouldn`t... couldn`t... I was barely 18 at the time but I remember it like it was yesterday...


It was a bright sunny day with a huge albertain blue sky... I felt home. Really! Me with the need of a telephone, tv, computer, make-ups, etc... I felt like I belong there... with them... Well, anyhow, we were gathering in this big barn and they were telling us about the culture, beliefs and that`s when tears were falling from my blue eyes... I couldn`t breathe.... I couldn`t stop. I tried to hide them, to look aside and walked my way through the back of the group. My superviser, Drew, saw me and came towards me... I couldn`t tell him how i was feeling... It was like i would betray them if i`ve said something.... so, I just said that I had a huge stomach pain (with my crohn`s it was easier)... so we left the group and we both walked to our bus... He said he didn`t mind in skipping on the outing, cause he`s been there before....


I felt like I was missing something. I was on the run from them. I don`t understand what happened... really. I think that i must have been a Hutterite or an Amish in a past life or something. I don`t know why, don`t know how... but i feel it deep inside me. Why am i writing this? I don`t have a clue. but I feel the need for it. it`s ironic because they don`t use internet, phone or anything like this. but somewhere deep inside, i feel a connection to them...what we`ll be the outcome of this, i have no idea.... but i needed to write about this.
*picture taken on google...

1 commentaire:

Lynn a dit…

I agree with you Meredith, I think you were connecting on a deeper level with a past life. Your physical body takes on a new life, but your soul remembers all the things you were before. Aren't you interested in finding out more?