dimanche 25 janvier 2009

a birthday and a passing...


Friday January 23rd was my son`s birthday....and the "unexpected" passing of my cousin...


On the 22nd, we went to visit him at the hospital... He was in a coma. On Dec. 14, while walking he slipped and fell on the icy sidewalk... He had some internal bleeding in his head (hémorragie cérébrale)... he never woke up. He was 46.


I believe that people in a coma are somewhat "aware" of what`s going on... So, I talked to him on the 22nd. Deep inside I knew he was about to go... but I was hoping he wouldn`t leave on my son`s birthday.... I said to him: Tomorrow my son will be 4.... hang in there if that`s what is best for you... My son said, "don`t talk , he`s sleeping... maybe he doesn`t want to wake up!"


So, on the 23rd, all my family gathered to celebrate my son... and we learned what I didn`t want to learn... his passing....


.......


Then I said to myself: "hope the Funerals won`t be next Thursday, cause I have to go to my new job to sign papers..." BFI was there and said, no, it won`t be.... Guess again!!! so, on Monday, I will call and ask if I can go another time....


So, my son had a great birthday party! He was happy to turn 4. The cake was awesome. My familly came, almost everyone.... I took 73 pictures during that day... and on some of them we can see "orbs"... maybe it was him....


RIP Michel
* these are pictures of him....

4 commentaires:

Anonyme a dit…

A Belated Happy Birthday to your son! They grow so fast, don't they!!!

I'm so sorry to hear about your cousin. I also believe that people in a coma are aware of what is said and what is going on around them. Perhaps he wanted to be "there" at the party with all of you and as you say, the orbs were most definitely him!

(He gives off an air of kindness in his photos.)

Meredith a dit…

Thank you Lynn :)

Unknown a dit…

thats so sad about your cousin.
lovely photos by the way.

Meredith a dit…

That you Roslyn :) Welcome to my blog !!!